Retirees may choose to be included in the online McMaster Faculty & Staff Directory. Here’s how to add yourself to the directory, or to update your record as needed:
Getting to the update screen
- Click here to enter the update screen of the directory.
- Log in using your MAC ID and password.
- On the “Faculty and Staff Directory” tab, search to find out if a record already exists for you.
- Use the “Update Directory Listing” tab to add yourself to the directory or change your record.
NOTE: It is acceptable for retirees to use their personal phone number or email address in this directory. As a personal security measure, do not use your home address as the online directory is available publicly.
- Fill out the form - mandatory fields are identified by a red asterisk (*).
Filling out the form
- For an Add, the ‘Record ID’ box fills in automatically. Don’t try to change it.
- For a Change, enter your ‘Record ID’, found on the detail screen of your existing record.
- For ‘Department’, choose “McMaster University Retirees Association (MURA)” from the drop-down list; leaving ‘Sub Dept.’ blank. Or select your pre-retirement department if you are still actively associated with it.
- Enter “Retired” or another suitable phrase in the ‘Job "Title’ box.
- ‘Building’ must be provided. Enter “OC349” if you are off campus.
- For ‘Extension/Phone Number’ use either your home phone number or a McMaster phone extension. This field cannot be left blank.
- Enter your email address, whether it’s an “@mcmaster.ca” one or from another service provider.
- For ‘Departmental Coordinator’, if you are using MURA as your department, choose “Terri Jones – Human Resources Services” from the drop-down list. (Terri is an executive assistant in Human Resources Services, which acts as MURA’s Coordinator for the directory.) If you are still actively associated with your pre-retirement department, choose the Coordinator for that department.
- For ‘Coordinator’s Email’, enter firstname.lastname@example.org if you have chosen MURA as your department; otherwise enter your active department coordinator’s email address.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button. You will see a screen confirming the details of your submission, and the system will send an email to your selected Coordinator.
- Your new or updated directory listing will take effect within 7 – 10 business days.
If you would like to be included in the Online Directory but do not have an email address or access to the internet, please contact Terri Jones by phone at 905-525-9140, ext. 23275
If you need help with using the online form, please contact the UTS Service Desk at 905-525-9140, ext. 24357
[Ed. note: updated June 2018]