The Cancer Assistance Program is a community based, not-for-profit organization, led by a team of staff and volunteers, offering free services to ease the physical, emotional and economic impact of those in the greater region of Hamilton and surrounding communities affected by cancer. On an annual basis, CAP provides services for over 2000 clients, offering over 3000 rides and issuing over 5000 pieces of medical equipment – all free of charge. CAP receives no government funding and relies on the community for support. In addition, CAP’s volunteers serve in every area from planning to service delivery. Over 130 volunteers contribute their time and energy every year. Through the engagement of volunteers, CAP is able to keep costs low compared to organizations that rely primarily upon paid staff. Retirees are invaluable contributors to our volunteer base because of their emotional maturity, experience and, of course, daytime availability!
We are seeking to fill the following volunteer roles:
- Driver *imminent need*: Drive individuals to and from cancer related medical appointments.
- Client Services Assistant *imminent need*: Greet, engage and register clients for available services and issue requested equipment and personal care products.
- Equipment Technician: Repair and/or sanitize home health equipment.
- Board and Governance Committee Member: Provide governance and oversight of organizational activities as a board member. Offer subject-matter expertise as a board committee member.
- Event Planning Committee Member: Offer assistance in the planning and facilitation of various fundraising events.
- Event Assistant: Provide assistance during fundraising events in a variety of roles.
- Administrative Assistant: Offer support for such things as data entry, inventory management, mail processing, etc.
To review the detailed position descriptions, including screening requirements, please visit https://cancerassist.ca/volunteer/, or contact Maria by phone at 905-383-9797 ext. 102 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.