Volunteer to deliver library materials to homebound neighbours. Both the Hamilton and Burlington Libraries need volunteers to deliver library materials to those unable to get to the library on their own due to health or mobility limitations.
- Visiting service volunteers typically commit to 3-4 hours of service per month
- HPL asks for a minimum one year commitment
- BPL asks for a minimum commitment of 4 months
- Once a month, you pick up library materials from your selected library branch, deliver to your customer(s), and return completed materials to a library branch, advising staff of changes and respecting confidentiality
- Volunteers need to be physically able to lift and carry bags of library materials, be reliable and trustworthy, and have good interpersonal skills
- A recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check (dated within the last 12 months) will be required after acceptance into the program. The cost of this check will be refunded to you.
- Orientation and training is provided.
Hamilton Public Library
For information, call the Volunteer Coordinator at 905- 546-3200 x 3620, or email email@example.com. Apply online or download the application form on the HPL online web page http://www.hpl.ca/volunteer-opportunities
Burlington Public Library
For information, contact any BPL branch or the Central Branch (555 New Street, 905-639-3611). Pick up a volunteer application form at any branch, or download the form from the online web page https://www.bpl.on.ca/volunteer