VON Hamilton has a role for YOU… VON Hamilton values and appreciates the caring volunteers who are the heart of our organization. We care that our volunteers have a positive and rewarding volunteer experience. VON provides orientation, training and ongoing support to our volunteers.
The following opportunities are available:
- Meals on Wheels- Deliver hot and/or frozen meals at lunchtime to home-bound individuals in Hamilton and Stoney Creek. Both drivers and servers are needed one or more days per week, Monday to Friday. Mileage is reimbursed for drivers.
- Congregate Dining- Provide transportation and assistance to seniors to attend our “lunch bunch” program every other Tuesday during the school year.
- Volunteer Visiting- Provide companionship to lonely and/or isolated seniors or adults with disabilities. Visits are 2 hours per week on a flexible basis.
- Hospice Volunteer Visiting- Offer emotional and practical support to individuals with a life-threatening or terminal illness through their end of life journey. All volunteers are provided with 30-hours palliative care education.
- Volunteer-Assisted Transportation- Provide a drive to medical appointments and friendly support while waiting. As needed, you decide what days you have available. Mileage is reimbursed.
Join our team today, become a VON volunteer! Call 905-529-0700 x2251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.