The Cancer Assistance Program
is a community based, not for profit organization, led by a team of staff and volunteers, that offers free services to those in the greater region of Hamilton and surrounding communities affected by cancer. CAP provides services for over 2000 clients each year, all free of charge. It receives no government funding, relying on the community for support. CAP’s over 130 volunteers serve in every area from planning to service delivery. Retirees are invaluable contributors to CAP’s volunteer base because of their emotional maturity, experience, and daytime availability.
A variety of volunteer opportunities exist, including:
- Driver: Drive individuals to and from cancer related medical appointments.
- Client Services Assistant: Greet, engage and register clients for available services and issue requested equipment and personal care products.
- Equipment Technician: Repair and/or sanitize home health equipment.
- Board and Governance Committee Member: Provide governance and oversight of organizational activities as a board member. Offer subject-matter expertise as a board committee member.
- Event Planning Committee Member: Assistance in the planning and facilitation of fundraising events.
- Event Assistant: Assist during fundraising events in a variety of roles.
To review the detailed position descriptions, including screening requirements, please visit https://cancerassist.ca/volunteer, or contact Maria by phone at 905-383-9797 ext. 102 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.