McMaster researchers in the School of Rehabilitation Science are looking for adults aged 55 - 75 with early changes in their mobility to take part in a study looking at whether people who are noticing changes in their walking ability show improvements in mobility after completing one of three 12-week programs.
- The Stepping-Up Program (includes virtual group exercise and self-management education)
- The Telephone-Based Walking Program (includes telephone coaching from a physiotherapist)
- The Chair-Based Yoga Program (includes virtual group yoga sessions)
You may be eligible to take part if you…
- Are experiencing recent changes in the way you walk 2 kilometres
- Are 55-75 years of age
- Do not use a walking aid
- Can be active for 60 minutes
- Have an email address and a laptop computer with internet capabilities of running the video-conferencing platform Zoom©
Eligible participants will undergo 4 virtual assessments with a physiotherapist over 36 weeks. There is no cost to participate.
If you are interested in participating or would like to find out if you are eligible, please contact Susanne Sinclair email@example.com.
Recruitment has begun and will continue until December 2023.