Make a long-lasting, positive difference as a mentor with Empowerment Squared by assisting newcomer youth and families with settling in Canada.
Based in Hamilton, Empowerment Squared is a Canadian charity that works with youth and communities to effect sustainable change through education, social development, and lifelong learning opportunities. We aim to empower less privileged communities through academic mentoring for youth and young adults, information literacy, leadership development, and supervised access to sports and recreation opportunities.
Training and support provided.
Volunteers play an essential role in the Empowerment Squared organization. Mentors commit to two hours of volunteering per week for a minimum of 10-15 weeks. Must attend training sessions, complete intake package, provide references and pass a vulnerable sector criminal background check.
Volunteers must also:
- Be serious about their commitment
- Be patient, respectful, and act within the boundaries defined by their position
- Be committed to learning, diversity and youth development
- Be willing to step out of their comfort zones in a supportive environment
- Possess a desire to make a difference in someone’s life
- Enjoy working with youth and newcomer communities in a supportive team environment
For more information visit the Empowerment Squared website.