Retiree Sun Life Drug Benefit Cards, Winter 2014

January 28, 2014 7:08 PM | Anonymous

Retirees often ask if they can continue to use the drug benefit card they had when they were an active employee. The answer is yes.

Retirees may have cards of differing colours and with different company names on them, depending on the company name in effect when issued, but they all have the information needed for making drug benefit claims to Sun Life.

The only information required to submit a Sun Life drug claim through a pharmacy is the policy number and certificate number (your former employee number), which do not change when you retire.

Retirees who do not have a card can either print their own from the Sun Life website (youʼll need to register for an Access ID if you donʼt already have one), or call Sun Lifeʼs Call Centre at 1-800-361-6212 and ask that a card be mailed to you.

Why do you need a card? The pharmacy youʼve been dealing with for years will not likely ever ask to see your card, but if you want to change pharmacies or want to be prepared in case you need a prescription filled when you are away from home, your Sun Life drug benefit card will give you the information you need.

© 2021 McMaster University Retirees Association | Having trouble with this site? Contact our Webmaster.

MURA, McMaster University, Gilmour Hall Room B108, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L8

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software